This isn’t news: we LOVE skin care products. We know the importance of an at-home routine to help you achieve your skin care goals; and that caring for your skin looks different living in Denver than in other cities. But we don’t mess around. We like what works; and our patients do, too.
As skin care gurus, we’ve done our research. We’re picky about which product lines we offer our patients. We consider our environment (dry Denver at 5,280 ft above sea level), and we consider each person’s individual skin care needs. We are confident that the wide variety of product lines we carry has something that will suit your needs. It’s why we don’t carry only one brand (your skin doesn’t check a box), but it’s also why we don’t carry every brand you’ll find upon walking into a cosmetics store or pharmacy.
All of our products also come with a recommendation from a skin care professional: our certified aestheticians.
As we head into Fall, this time of year is all about assessing your skin – so, what are you experiencing? With the drier climate, Denver residents are more susceptible to dry-related skin conditions. Why? With limited moisture in the air and 300 days of sunshine, skin in this climate cracks and bakes, leading to pre-mature signs of aging, acne issues, and sun damage.
The product lines we carry in our Denver and Greenwood Village offices help tackle skin concerns that come with aging, solar or environmental damage. Things like: fine lines, wrinkles, acne, redness, hyperpigmentation and many more. We also provide a wide variety of top-quality sunscreens for purchase.
Here’s our product must-have checklist:
- VITAMIN C SERUM – Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals (aka the atoms that weaken your molecular composition of your complexion) and stimulates collagen. Patting Vitamin C onto clean skin ensures your skin cells are preventing melanocytes (cells creating skin pigmentation) to darken skin. Purchasing a potent, effective Vitamin C Serum is undoubtedly an investment in your skin.
- GLYCOLIC – As an adult living in Denver, you’re already facing two skin care obstacles. One being age related and the other geographic related. When you were young, your dead skin cells fell off on a 28-day cycle; allowing for smooth, bright skin to surface. But with every trip around the sun, your slough-off cycle increases which means it takes longer to regenerate new cells. Cycles of 40, 60, or even 80-days can result, which presents with a dull appearance. Residing in Denver doesn’t necessarily help the slough-off process, either. Drier climates lead to drier skin which leads to dead skin cells resting on the epidermis which, you guessed it, leads to duller looking skin. By incorporating Glycolic serum into your skin care routine, you can gently exfoliate and shed unwanted dead skin cells. Glycolic Serum promotes a smoother, brighter, more radiant canvas. Daily application of Glycolic Serum helps active fibroblast production, making your skin plumper and firmer.
- RETINOL – If you didn’t know, Retinol is a type of Retinoid. A term that describes any ingredient derived from Vitamin A. That’s right. Another vitamin for your skin! Since there are a variety of Retinol strengths on the market, it’s good practice to introduce your skin to the solution by using a low strength Retinol and spacing the application days. Using a higher strength with frequent applications of Retinol immediately can be jarring to your skin; resulting in drier, flakier skin. The opposite of what you’re trying to accomplish. Keep in mind, Retinol with a lower strength will take longer to produce results. Once your skin adjusts to the product, you can increase the Retinol strength at the discretion of your medical aesthetician. They can help you determine when it’s appropriate to increase the strength and/or increase the application day.
- MOISTURIZER – Depending on the season in Denver, Colorado, your skin needs change, which means so will the weight of your moisturizer. But overall, the purpose of your moisturizer is to keep your skin hydrated, supple, and happy. Moisturizer should be the second to last step in your daily skin care routine as it helps seal all the serums and other topical solutions into the epidermis. Additionally, moisturizing can help reduce your skin’s likeliness of developing extreme dryness or oiliness. Lathering on a quality moisturizer is the key to locking in all your hard work in maintaining your skin care treatment commitments. Not sure which product is right for your skin? As always, our certified aestheticians are happy to discuss which products are right for your skin condition.
- SUNSCREEN – Choosing to live in Denver means choosing to live where the sun’s rays are much stronger and more harmful. Protecting your skin (no matter where you live) is important but while living in Denver, it’s a skin care step that can’t be skipped. Applying and reapplying sunscreen protects your skin from damaging rays that accelerate aging and increases chances of developing skin cancer. Choosing your sunscreen should be done with care. Looking for specific sun care indicators should be the priority over what the bottle looks like. We’ve linked our top-selling sunscreens here:
Caring for Your Skin In Denver, Colorado
Remember, nailing down a solid skin care routine is step one in obtaining clear, healthy skin. Incorporating potent, high-quality products is a game-changer for your at-home care.
Our Medical Aestheticians provide a complimentary, customized consultation, where you can discover which products (and treatments) are best for your skin type and skin care goals. They are eager to meet you, and your skin, and can’t wait to be part of your “go to” team of providers here in Denver.
Here’s to your skin health!
NOTE: the products we have linked above are available from our online shop. If you are looking to purchase a specific product that you can't find online, please contact our office directly.