Immediately Following Treatment:
- Swelling is normal as is redness, soreness and bruising in the treatment area. These symptoms can last for several weeks.
- Immediately after the procedure, your treated area may look or feel stiff and transient blanching (temporary whitening of the skin) may occur.
- You may feel a sense of nausea or dizziness as your body naturally warms and sensation returns to your treatment area. These are normal reactions that typically resolve within minutes.
- The treated area may be red for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed. This is an expected but temporary effect after CoolSculpting.
- Bruising, swelling and tenderness can occur in the treated area. This typically resolves within a week or two.
- Nausea and tingling, stinging and cramping in the treatment area are often reported on treatment day.
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area. This is normal and typically resolves within a few hours but may last for several weeks after your procedure.
- The typical recovery time is minimal post CoolSculpting. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
First few days and weeks after CoolSculpting:
- It is common for the treated area to feel bloated and look swollen in the first few days and weeks post treatment.
- You may experience a temporary dulling of sensation that can last for several weeks.
- At some point within the first two weeks following the procedure, you may experience one or more of the following sensations: deep itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, strong cramping, diarrhea, muscle spasms, aching and/or soreness. Consult your doctor if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after CoolSculpting and you will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
- A small subset of patients experience delayed post-treatment pain (typically within a few days of the procedure). This side effect is unique because of it’s intensity and late presentation. We recommend taking Tylenol for pain relief.
- Contact us immediately if any unusual side effects occur or if symptoms worsen over time.