So, you’re 30, huh? Yea. Us too.
As a medical spa who believes age is only a number, we also believe that life serves us moments that cause our skincare needs to change. Celebrating 30 years of age is one of those moments.
As Denver’s leading medical spa for the last 30 years, we’ve been very fortunate to treat a lot of patients. Throughout the years, we’ve learned that it’s right around the 30-year mark when most people start getting serious about a lot of things like: relationships, career, personal style, choosing to have kids or buy more house plants…and, of course….SKINCARE. The 30’s are a hot decade for most of our patients who start utilizing our services regularly. (Don’t worry…we see you 20 somethings. And you’re not too young, your passion for pre-juvenation is loved and appreciated! Oh, and hey 40+: you are NOT too old. It is never too late to start investing time and energy in your skincare routine.)
We like to say that the 30’s are a time in life where many people put on their big girl panties and get serious about their skin. Yep, we said it.
Cheers To 30 Years
2022 marks 30 years in business for Facial Aesthetics. We are so grateful to our patients who have trusted our expertise over these years, and who have given us the opportunity to do what we love to do every single day. We’ve witnessed and adapted to the various ways the aesthetic space has changed. We’re a rarity in this industry, and we’re proud of it. We look forward to serving the Denver, Greenwood Village, and surrounding areas to the best in medical aesthetics for the next 30 years to come.
A Few Things Every 30 Something Should Be Doing:
As we begin to celebrate this milestone, we feel it’s only fitting that we share a few things that we believe every 30 something should be doing when it comes to their skin. We can’t say we’re experts in everything, but we can say we’re experts in every skin and body service we offer to our patients.
So, in life, you do you. Ok? But when it comes to your skin…please do THIS 😉
Find a morning routine that works for you.
Wake up in the morning and be consistent. Go for a run, attend that Pilates class, read, meditate, drink your tea/coffee. Do whatever you want, we just care that you’re doing your skincare routine first. Here’s a realistic morning skincare routine every 30 something can stick to…
- Step 1: Wash your face. Find a gentle, but effective cleanser that you love. It’s not work. It’s a little water and dab of your favorite cleanser…you can do it!
- Step 2: Apply an antioxidant serum (our preference is a Vitamin C/E) – just as you drink orange juice in the morning (con o sin the champs), you should apply your Vitamin C. Antioxidants help to fight free radicals in the day and power up your skin to become as healthy as possible.
- Step 3: Invest in a good moisturizer. A good moisturizer is so important. It seals the deal. It locks everything in and hydrates the skin. Choose something lighter in the summer and denser in the winter if your skin type welcomes the change. Do you have to break the bank to get it right? No, no you do not. Here are our favorites.
- Step 4: Find an SPF BFF – and the two of you get REALLLLY CLOSE. Like we’re talking hang out EVERYDAY. Nothing screams great skin at 50 like wearing sunscreen in your 30s. So, apply it. Don’t forget it. Check them out here.
Seek professional skincare advice from a reputable medical spa.
Sure, you can watch all the trending skincare hacks on TikTok, but just be careful what you put into practice. Do your homework. Don’t trust just anyone with your skin. Whether you’re looking for product recommendations or for treatment, a consultation with a trusted skin care professional is the only place to start. You deserve a proper assessment of your skin’s health followed by a plan to get you to your goals as quickly as possible.
(Pssst: Did you know our consultations are complementary? Giving everyone access to the right information about their skin is so important to us. Don’t wait to schedule a consultation. We promise you’ll love what you learn. Book now!
Obsess over ingredients.
Care what you put on your skin. Care if it works. Whether they’re organic or therapeutic grade ingredients, know what they are and why they’re in your routine. We’re going to admit it …there are WAY TOO MANY products out there. Trying too many products at once can suffocate your skin, resulting in breakouts, clogged pores, dryness or irritation. Believe us when we tell you we trial A TON of reputable brands. AND we do it so you don’t have to. When you visit us, we want you to be just as confident in the product lines we carry as we are.
Two ingredients we like to introduce when you’re close to or in your 30’s are:
- Retinol: a type of retinoid, derived from vitamin A. Retinol is a collagen booster that helps to reduce signs of aging by improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as skin texture. Because the evening is a time of rest and repair for your skin, with cell turnover at its peak, we always recommend using a retinol at night.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA): prevents cooler weather from drying out the skin. Hyaluronic Acid leaves skin feeling smooth and supple. Introducing this product ASAP benefits any daily skin care routine morning or night (or both).
Embrace the realities of aging.
Life starts to show up on our skin in our 30’s. You realize you’re not the oldest, yet you’re not the youngest, either. You combat age spots, sunspots, volume loss, fine lines and wrinkles, dullness, or dryness. What is brought into focus is the realization that you’re not immune to aging. It’s the truth to us all. In our 30s, our skin cell turnover slows down. It takes longer for that top layer of our skin to stay moisturized, leaving us with a dull, dry appearance. We need added exfoliation, and sometimes, we need the help of injectables.
One of our most popular preventative aging treatments is Botox. Halting the muscles from contracting weakens them so you’ll see fewer lines and wrinkles as you age. You know those expression lines you make? You can still make them; they just won’t be seen etched deep into the skin after Botox. This safe, temporary neurotoxin provides a smooth, refreshed appearance for approx. three months. Learn more about Botox.
Fall in love with healthy skin but watch out for side effects.
These include: nausea from all the compliments you’ll receive, heartburn from an increase in self-love, insomnia from non-stop staring at your skin, and dry mouth from telling all your friends about your progress. Life is too short, and your 30s are about finding your best self AND your best skincare routine. Remember that it’s about growth. Like great skin, it doesn’t happen overnight. It takes commitment. You’re worth the commitment. Figure out what puts a smile on your face…and do more of that. We’d love to meet you and see how our services can help you do more of that.
That’s it. That’s how we plan to treat our 30’s.
We practice a routine of learning, growing, training, and bettering ourselves, because we want to be the best for you. We’ve spent our last 30 years figuring out who we really are, enriching our culture, amplifying our strengths, and aging gracefully along the way. We couldn’t have done it without you.
Stick with us throughout the year as we celebrate 30 years in business on the 30th of each month. It’ll be a fun year of engagement, giveaways, in office celebrations and specials.
Here’s to 30 amazing years, and here’s to 30 more.
With sincere thanks and gratitude,
The Facial Aesthetics Team